Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Life Lessons

Last night we hit on two lessons: Chores and Lying

Scenario 1:
We were making cookies for our small groups.  She helped make the cookies and then I made her help with the dishes and load a few things in the dishwasher.  When we were done she asked for her money.  I asked her what she got money for???  She said for helping me do the dishes.  I asked where she learned that???  She said Team Umizoomi (a cartoon on Nickelodeon).  

Scenario 2:
Molly is potty trained, but sometimes we mess up with #2.  So at Kroger, I could tell she was strugglin' with it.  I asked if she needed to go to the bathroom and she said no.  We were about done so I just thought we'll deal with it when we get home.  Once we were home, I asked if she needed to go. She said no, but I could tell there was a little bit in her panties.  So I asked if she already went in her panties and she said no.  I told her that she would not get in trouble if she had an accident but she would get in trouble for lying.  So I asked her again if she pooped in her panties.  Again, she said no.  Well she was wanting a few marshmallows, so I told her if I found poop in her panties she would not get the marshmallows.  Molly went to bed with no marshmallows.

So the life lessons learned in our house last night...

1)  You have to clean up your mess.  Cleaning up is not worthy of a reward, it's just the right thing to do.

2)  It doesn't do you any good to lie, cause at the end of the day you will still have poop in your pants.  And no marshmallows.  :)


And who am I kidding... I'm not that mean of mom.  She did get a cookie!

Love, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment